2011 was a great year for us here in the O’Flaherty household. We got to spend a lot of time with friends, we road-tripped to Birmingham a few times, we pulled off another Barcamp, and Paul continued to push ScrwMedia forward into his full-time job. We got to spend lots of time with the kids, the asshole frog only ate 8 or so of my aquarium fish, and no one had to go to the emergency room. We have a roof over our heads, Firefly on DVD, and laugh together far more than most couples we know. I think on the whole, I can’t complain too much.
2012 is looking to be a much busier year for us, with the plan of moving into a different rental over the summer, and continuing to work on expanding the evil empire. I am pleased enough with keeping my New Years resolutions last year(getting out more and losing a bit of weight) to get more ambitious with them this year. My focus for 2012 will be on expanding my horizons, and working on getting myself healthier(and dragging Paul kicking and screaming along with me on this one!). I want to learn more, experience more, and encourage those around me to do the same. Life doesn’t just happen, you have to seek out the knowledge and experiences the world has to offer. I don’t want to just coast through 2012, I want to bend it over and make it my bitch. This will be our best year yet.
2012 New Year’s Resolutions
- Create and stick to a budget/savings plan as we did in 2011
- Room by room organization of the house in preparation for moving over the summer
- Read 1 new book a week
- Try 1 new restaurant a month(Fast food doesn’t count!)
- Start listening to more podcasts
- Lose and maintain 25lbs by September 1st
- Blog more! (3 posts per week)
- Be physically and financially ready to start trying for a baby by September
I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years Eve, and your kiss at midnight is nothing short of magical.