A bunch of Twitter locals get together for a Tweetup, something cool happens and someone catches it on their iPhone, video is uploaded to Youtube and people are tweeting it within minutes.

It may be the epitome of geeky, but when Paul proposed last night with many of our close friends there to share in the moment, that’s exactly what happened. Thanks to Alli recording the video and Chris taking pictures, we have a beautiful visual record of what many often don’t, and we are able to share that with those we wish could have been there with us (Amanda and Christy especially, miss you guys!) but couldn’t.

47855889
Paul popping the question as twitter locals share in the moment.

The actual capturing of the video was incredibly lucky, because he hadn’t told anyone he was going to ask last night. He did however start his speech with something along the lines of us ‘never breaking up again’ or something to that effect, and Allie decided just being a smartass that she needed to get that statement on video. We are so glad she did!

Since we are anything but traditional, you know the ring had to be different as well. Instead of a diamond solitaire, the center stone is an emerald (he’s from Ireland, and we met in May) with emerald-cut diamonds on either side. Stunning! 🙂

thering

Thank you so very much to everyone who was here to share in the moment last night, and to all of our friends who couldn’t be here but have sent their well-wishes via Twitter, Facebook and email.

Most of all thank you to Paul, my wonderful, sweet, pain in the ass husband-to-be for making the moment so special. This has been so hard-earned for us, but so worth it. I love you.

23 Comments on Paul Proposed Last Night (Video)

1. Jackie G
    December 7, 2009 at 11:02 am (8 years ago)

:-))))) *chills and happy tears* Congrats to you and Paul. <3 <3 <3 You both deserve nothing but pure happiness!!

2. Lorena
    December 7, 2009 at 11:06 am (8 years ago)

Congratulations to the both of you!!!

3. Becky
    December 7, 2009 at 11:38 am (8 years ago)

What a great proposal. I wish the two of you nothing but the best. You have both been through so much, that you deserve happiness. ::hugs::

Oh, that ring is absolutely gorgeous!!

4. Huckdoll
    December 7, 2009 at 1:02 pm (8 years ago)

This makes my heart happy. In all of the footage and pics I’ve seen from this weekend, you two are truly in love and HAPPY! Happy is so good.

Beautiful ring. I’m anti-diamond and I think this is absolute perfection. Way to go, guys <3

5. Summer
    December 7, 2009 at 1:07 pm (8 years ago)

Awww, so sweet! Congrats!

6. Misha
    December 7, 2009 at 1:57 pm (8 years ago)

De-lurking for the first time ever to say “congrats”. May you have all the happiness your hearts and hands can hold.

7. Steven Hodson
    December 7, 2009 at 2:25 pm (8 years ago)

Sara (and Paul) after being a part of your life’s experiences (vicariously) during this whole process I wish I could have been there for the actual event. Life hasn’t been easier for either of you through all this but from experience surviving those hard time (physically and emotionally) and still loving and caring for each other the way you do only bodes well for your future together.

I am happy for both of you and thank you for the video of the event.

8. Gina
    December 7, 2009 at 2:44 pm (8 years ago)

Congratulations!!

9. Celeste
    December 7, 2009 at 6:56 pm (8 years ago)

I am so happy for you both! This brought tears to my eyes!

10. Hope
    December 7, 2009 at 7:51 pm (8 years ago)

Agggghhhhh – I’m SOOOOOOO VEEEEEERRRRRRYYYY upset I didn’t make it last night to see the moment firsthand. I caught the video this morning and couldn’t be happier for the two of you!!
    What a beautiful ring. You lucked up girl!!! 🙂

11. Christine
    December 8, 2009 at 6:06 pm (8 years ago)

What a great moment to capture on video! Congrats to you both!

12. Amanda
    December 9, 2009 at 10:56 am (8 years ago)

I so wish I could have been there to witness it firsthand, but yay for the smart cookie that decided to take video!!
    In the lifetime that I have know you Sara (yes lifetime, 25 years is a lifetime!!) This is one of the few times I have seen you truly happy in love. I am excited for this wonderful journey the two of you are about to take. The road isn’t always smooth, but it is the bumps that strengthen the bond between you. 🙂
    I love you guys! Paul, welcome to the dysfunctional, albeit pretty dang spectacular family!

13. Christine
    December 9, 2009 at 1:04 pm (8 years ago)

Yea! Congrats to both of you! I love the ring! Of course, I’m a May baby!

14. Meredith
    December 9, 2009 at 11:33 pm (8 years ago)

Congrats Sara and Paul!!!

15. Kari
    December 11, 2009 at 9:28 pm (8 years ago)

AAWWWWW! Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you! I’m actually tearing up.

16. Tanis Miller, RNM
    January 26, 2010 at 10:40 pm (8 years ago)

First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!

*ahem* About damn time, Paul. Wink.

Secondly, LOVE the new look.

Here’s to the new year bringing you wonderful things!!