True confession- I am a candy corn addict.

Halloween is one of my favorite times of year not for the costumes, or the tons of chocolate that find their way into my kids bags, and ultimately into my own stash somewhere.

It’s the candy corn. Nothing but chewy sugar, and probably not on the Who’s Who of Halloween Candy list, but still the stuff I crave all year long, and steal out of the kids’ bags as I pretend to sort through looking for urban legend’ish razor blades and poisoned candy I’d never be able to see, but look anyway for the sake of good parenting.

This stuff is apparently so vile it gets its own song, which I hear quite frequently on Noggin these days.

So tell me friends, are you a candy corn addict too, or are you a hater of the tri-colored confections?

13 Comments on Am I The Only One That Loves Candy Corn?

1. Paul
    October 31, 2008 at 11:25 am (8 years ago)

Never had any. We don’t have it here 🙁 I feel so deprived 😛 LOL

2. BrianW
    October 31, 2008 at 11:32 am (8 years ago)

You are not alone, candy corn is one of many reasons why I look forward to Halloween. I don’t understand why it is constantly made fun of.

3. amanda p
    October 31, 2008 at 11:35 am (8 years ago)

!OMG!!! Candy corn has got to be one of the world’s most perfect foods! I dream of it in the weeks leading up to the big halloween push! I giggle when I think of it. Oh I would marry candy corn if I could!
    I cannot fathom being as old as paul and never having tasted the sweet gem!! You sir have truly been deprived! You should seduce some poor innocent american woman into sending you some 😉

4. Paul
    October 31, 2008 at 11:39 am (8 years ago)

@amanda p: As old as me?? Erm.. Okay I’ll let that slide.. but I’ll not be seducing any American women, the one who seduced me would reduce my manhood to the size of a candy corn using a carving knife.

5. Rhonda
    October 31, 2008 at 11:52 am (8 years ago)

umm, you are not alone. I love candy corn. Halloween is my favorite holiday!!!

6. Michelle
    October 31, 2008 at 12:07 pm (8 years ago)

I love candy corn, no two ways about it. Sometimes I like to bite off each color starting with the pointy tip, other times I just pop the whole thing (or three at a time) into my mouth! Yummy! I just don’t understand people who do not like it. Ouch! to Paul’s carving knife statement!

7. all things BD
    October 31, 2008 at 1:46 pm (8 years ago)

Candy corn is awesome, but have you tried CARAMEL candy corn? Don’t. Just don’t get started on it because you won’t be able to stop and you will die from caramel candy corn overdose.

8. Krista
    November 1, 2008 at 12:50 am (8 years ago)

Let’s just say… it’s a good thing it’s only available this time of year! And no, a stash wouldn’t help! 😉

9. jerseygirl89
    November 1, 2008 at 1:31 pm (8 years ago)

I have never been a fan of candy corn. And once my kids heard the name of it, they wouldn’t eat it either.

10. shannanb aka Mommy Bits
    November 1, 2008 at 9:49 pm (8 years ago)

I must admit that I hate candy corn. But… I love those weird orange and black wrapped candies. You know the ones. The weird chews with the crumbly peanut butter centers? I LOVE THEM. I don’t know what it is but I think they are delish. Problem is no one gives them out anymore.

11. J
    November 3, 2008 at 11:57 pm (8 years ago)

I like it, but in small doses, because it’s so sweet. Mmmm.

12. Trenches of Mommyhood
    November 5, 2008 at 9:52 am (8 years ago)

Blech! I’m a hater! (and my boyz sing that song all the time.)

13. JayMonster
    November 11, 2008 at 4:36 pm (8 years ago)

I didn’t know there were any people that actually ate candy corn! Well not anybody under 90 anyway. I thought it was just used for decoration now… or a “trick” to play on little kids.