Further proof perception is reality-

Obama/McCain Debate Twitterings
Obama/McCain Debate Twitterings

Ever wonder if people are actually watching two different debates when you see these things?? 😉

7 Comments on The Obama/McCain Debate and Twitter

1. Lizzi
    September 27, 2008 at 4:22 pm (9 years ago)

I’ve been saying that exact same thing. I was watching the pundits last night like “what debate did YOU watch?” Same thing with a lot of twitters. I actually unfollowed some people cuz it was getting annoying.

Emotions are definitely strong this time around, that’s for sure.

2. Paul
    September 27, 2008 at 4:24 pm (9 years ago)

Not watching two different things, but living in two different versions of reality. Welcome to rockstar politics, where people follow them blindly and without question getting hooked on the media campaign bullshit.

You very quickly find that people who follow a certain candidate tend to follow the media outlets which support that candidate and it becomes a vicious feeding frenzy of ignorance and self supporting circle jerking.

3. catnip
    September 27, 2008 at 5:53 pm (9 years ago)

Twitter was kinda scary last night! Some of my tweeps were VERY vocal. I lurked. 🙂

4. Scot Duke
    September 27, 2008 at 6:28 pm (9 years ago)

Yep, lots of noise on Twitter about something that nobody on Twitter is going to be able to do anything about…and that is about as deep as I will step into the politics.

5. Deborah
    September 27, 2008 at 6:58 pm (9 years ago)

With the time difference I couldn’t force myself to stay up, but just caught the rerun. I heard similar conclusions today from both sides… not sure who I agree with after watching, but great post to harness the joys and intrigue of Twitter! 🙂

6. Shannanb aka Mommy Bits
    September 27, 2008 at 8:14 pm (9 years ago)

lol./ That is great. It’s just like watching the debates on TV. Sometimes the story you get from one station is not exactly the story being given by another.

Great observation

7. nutmeg
    October 2, 2008 at 10:40 am (9 years ago)

I so wish I could understand twitter before tonight’s debate. It’s going to be HOT!