This weekend I ran across a bit on Google’s new MyBlogLog’esq service called Google Friend Connect. It’s in beta and not exactly open to the public yet, although you can sign up for the wait list. (Anyone else having Gmail flashbacks?)

As I was signing up I thought about it and realized I haven’t touched MyBlogLog in oh, roughly forever.  It was the coolest thing since Akismet when I first got on, but these days I don’t think too many people are using it to bloghop the way we used to.

So you tell me, is MyBlogLog still hot, or has it gone the way of those horrid discoball purses of last summer?

16 Comments on MyBlogLog- All the Rage or Sooooo Last Year?

1. Lisa
    June 22, 2008 at 9:36 pm (9 years ago)

Hold on while I scoot my disco ball purse under my chair. MyBlogLog – I signed up – went back a couple of times – ditched it. But I shouldn’t be used a judge of relative hotness. Notice my purse.

2. CharmingDriver
    June 23, 2008 at 3:25 am (9 years ago)

I still like it; I like to see the icons of those coming to see me and it’s neat to leave a little calling card when you visit others but don’t necessarily comment.

It was easier before but then they went through some marriage or something to Yahoo which meant everyone pretty much had to re-sign up (or something, I can’t really remember) and the icons became MUCH less prevalent.

Really hope you’re doing okay.

3. The Laundress
    June 23, 2008 at 5:41 am (9 years ago)

I just got off of it to change some crap around. It’s attached to Yahoo so I stay with it. But other than that…I never look at any of that stuff. I’m terrible at these networking sites. But then again, I’m terrible at networking in general.

4. Mr Business Golf
    June 23, 2008 at 11:36 am (9 years ago)

I quit going over there when the Direct Marketers and MLM’s took over..like they have everything else out here.

5. JayMonster
    June 23, 2008 at 11:55 am (9 years ago)

I use it… which means it must be so over. (Fashion forward… even in a blog sense… I am not).

6. Natalie
    June 23, 2008 at 2:59 pm (9 years ago)

Nah, I haven’t used it in ages. I think I used it for like two months and then I was finished with it once I discovered what else was out there.

7. Winning Startups
    June 23, 2008 at 6:58 pm (9 years ago)

I use it daily, along with stumbleupon and google analytics.

8. Erika Jurney
    June 24, 2008 at 12:36 pm (9 years ago)

Nah, I don’t use it anymore.

9. Paul
    June 24, 2008 at 6:40 pm (9 years ago)

Not last year in any sense of the word.

It’s like every other service out there, you only get out what you put in.

If you’re an active member then you’ll have an active community and will generate traffic.

It’s the same with Blog Catalog or even my new baby Fuelmyblog.

The lack of traffic, or decline in traffic, stems not from the service, but from your decreased participation in it.

Go back in, find some communities to join, make some new “friends” and watch the traffic levels rise again. 🙂

10. OddBlast
    June 24, 2008 at 9:33 pm (9 years ago)

I used to use MBL quite a bit (around a year ago), then all of sudden it became a junk yard so I bailed out. I have returned as of recent to see what happens this time around.

11. Devilish Southern Belle
    June 25, 2008 at 1:53 am (9 years ago)

I personally don’t care too much for MyBlogLog because I mainly connect with other people through my blog and the blogs I read, anyway. It didn’t drive much traffic to my site at all, and I have my feed reader to read blogs I want to read.

I didn’t know anything about this Google thing, but I may try to find out a bit more. I have been pretty happy with all things Google and it would be nice to have everything kinda tied together in the same place on the web.

12. slackermommy
    June 25, 2008 at 2:41 pm (9 years ago)

I don’t bother with it anymore. The only time I log is when I get a new contact or community add.

13. Bananas
    June 26, 2008 at 1:00 am (9 years ago)

I haven’t used MyBlogLog in a long time either. Sooo last year. Ha!

14. Jerseygirl89
    June 30, 2008 at 5:09 pm (9 years ago)

I have a terrible habit of joining internet things and then using them once or twice. And so went MyBlogLog. But I have no idea if it’s cool anymore – I’m just lazy.

15. Shannanb aka Mommy Bits
    July 4, 2008 at 5:49 am (9 years ago)

I just use it to see whose visiting my blog. I also like checking out the MyBlogLog badges on other’s sites. I’ve found a lot of cool blogs that way.

16. Jo
    July 8, 2008 at 9:04 pm (9 years ago)

As far as I’m concerned, MyBlogLog is just a pain in my ass. Nothing but spammers leaving me messages I could give a shit less about.

I say soooooooooooooo yesterday. 😉