I am running from bathroom to bathroom, really having to go, and realizing the toilet paper rolls are empty in every. single. one.

As I pass though the living room:

Me: “Cripes, am I the only person in this house who knows how to change a toilet paper roll?!? ”

Husband, not looking up from video game: “Just look at it as job security!”

13 Comments on Ahh, Domestic Bliss.

1. Becky
    March 6, 2008 at 3:52 pm (10 years ago)

oy. I would have slapped mine upside the head for saying that to me.

2. Violet the Verbose
    March 6, 2008 at 4:03 pm (10 years ago)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. That’s like QueenofSpain & Kaiser’s thing the other day when he told her she smelled like a woman ’cause she smelled like Clorox wipes. Sometimes men just don’t know what’s good for them. Sheesh!

3. Christina
    March 6, 2008 at 4:05 pm (10 years ago)

He clearly isn’t expecting sex anytime soon, is he?

Go on strike. Keep your own roll with you and see how long it takes for a roll to be replaced.

4. kara
    March 6, 2008 at 4:09 pm (10 years ago)

nice…you have to love men and their no need for toilet paper 80% of time they visit the bathroom.

5. Jerseygirl89
    March 6, 2008 at 6:56 pm (10 years ago)

I agree with Christina – it’s time for some kind of strike.

6. Thursday's Child
    March 6, 2008 at 8:41 pm (10 years ago)

I’m not married, but I live in a house with 3 other guys, and I find myself asking this question often.

7. MammaLoves
    March 6, 2008 at 9:44 pm (10 years ago)

After I slapped him I would have peed in his lap and used his shirt to wipe with.

Oh girl…

8. Rhonda
    March 7, 2008 at 8:08 am (10 years ago)

I’m with Christina, carry your own roll and let them figure it out.

9. ~JJ!
    March 7, 2008 at 11:40 am (10 years ago)

He’d probably put it on the roll wrong anyway.

10. Rhea
    March 12, 2008 at 4:02 pm (10 years ago)

I live in a house with my husband, two sons and elderly father, and I swear, I’m the only one switching the toilet paper also. And, I’m the only one who has it on the right way too! Hilarious post, thanks for sharing.

11. nutmeg
    March 14, 2008 at 12:34 pm (10 years ago)

Damn, I’m just jealous of the bathroom to bathroom part. I’d have to run from bathroom to backyard!

12. gray matter matters
    March 25, 2008 at 2:14 pm (10 years ago)

Fantastic!

Do you remember the show “Mad About You.” Once there was an opening where Jamie came storming into the living room where Paul was reading a magazine. She had a full roll of toilet paper in one hand and an empty one on the holder in the other. She snatched the empty roll off and jammed the fresh one on right in his face and then stormed back out. To this day it remains one of my favorite moments.

13. Cricket
    April 5, 2008 at 1:16 pm (9 years ago)

*YOU* *LET* *the* *toilet paper* *run* *out* — ?? Shame on You!