When Target has started putting out bathing suits again.

22 Comments on You Know It’s January in Alabama

1. Queen of Shake Shake
    January 2, 2008 at 12:10 pm (10 years ago)

It’s actually a conspiracy.

Target bikinis are in cahoots with the diet & exercise industry. They KNOW we all feel fat after pigging out over the holidays and seeing those itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikinis really sends home that we are fat and must diet and exercise, thus we buy the books, exercise balls, workout tapes, etc., etc.

Total. Complete. Conspiracy.

2. Bri
    January 2, 2008 at 12:29 pm (10 years ago)

I walked into Target a few days ago and stood there dumbfounded for a few minutes. Swimsuits? For spring break? Ugh, I don’t know, I didn’t see any cute ones either.

3. Christina
    January 2, 2008 at 2:09 pm (10 years ago)

They’re here in Ohio, too. Thanks to our weird fashion gurus insisting we buy clothing half a year ahead of time, spring and summer clothing is now available. And I can’t find one damn sweater left on the clearance racks. Come July, there won’t be a single bathing suit left in the stores.

4. ~JJ!
    January 2, 2008 at 2:11 pm (10 years ago)

We have bathing suits in NY too…Gah!!!! Bikinis no less.

Happy 2008!

5. Miss
    January 2, 2008 at 5:23 pm (10 years ago)

Got um in Cali too. I thought I was seeing things!

6. Blue Momma
    January 2, 2008 at 6:21 pm (10 years ago)

I understand the stores doing that kind of thing here (I’m in AL, too), but it blew my mind when the same thing happened in Michigan and Massachusetts. Seriously, in MA we needed long sleeves in July occasionally. Just makes no sense at all.

Of course it is freezing here today and then supposed to be in the 70’s in less than a week. I’m all for the cold weather. If the damn grandparents would just move north……

7. Erin
    January 2, 2008 at 6:30 pm (10 years ago)

Like JJ, I had to walk past 3 racks of skimpy bikinis here in frigid NY, where the temp was 12 friggin’ degrees today.

8. Lis Garrett - a writer's woolgatherings
    January 2, 2008 at 6:47 pm (10 years ago)

I’m with Erin. I live in NY as well, and I wear jeans and sweatshirts clear up until June. I can’t even tell you the last time I wore a bikini. One year I needed a swimsuit in July but when I went to buy one, all the winter clothes were out again!

9. Diane
    January 2, 2008 at 9:15 pm (10 years ago)

it’s a conspiracy they are here in CT too.
    Bastards

10. ali
    January 2, 2008 at 10:12 pm (10 years ago)

i need to live in a place that’s bringing out bathing suits (hell, i need to live in a place where they freakin’ have a target)…here in Toronto, they are bringing out more turtlenecks…

11. Melisa
    January 2, 2008 at 11:04 pm (10 years ago)

Ugh! I hate that.

I need to get a nice dress for February 9 and I’m afraid I may have waited too long.

Do you think people would look at me funny if I wear a sundress to my son’s Bar Mitzvah here in Chicagoland on 2/9?

12. Angie
    January 3, 2008 at 12:11 am (10 years ago)

Bathing suits out in the stores in Indiana too. Oh, and of course all the things like winter coats and long sleeved shirts already on clearance.

Augh!

13. GHD
    January 3, 2008 at 8:44 am (10 years ago)

SWIMSUITS… after all this holiday eating. UGH! No thanks!

14. Jamie E
    January 3, 2008 at 9:16 am (10 years ago)

We had em here in MN a week ago, why oh why???

15. Danielle
    January 3, 2008 at 9:27 pm (10 years ago)

Can you believe that it is 17 right now (Huntsville) and by Saturday it will be in the high 60’s? And I wonder why my sinuses are shot.

16. The Estrogen Files
    January 3, 2008 at 10:51 pm (10 years ago)

(giggle) Who knew? It’s still blizzard-ing here in Idaho!!

17. mikster
    January 4, 2008 at 7:22 am (10 years ago)

We’ve been struggling to get above 10 degrees the last few days here so I’m thinking most people aren’t thinking about bathing suits yet. I myself can’t wait for bathing suit weather myself though. 😉

18. Mimipz5wjj
    January 4, 2008 at 1:46 pm (10 years ago)

I noticed that today too. And shorts.

And it’s FREEZING here in Georgia!!!

19. FishyGirl
    January 7, 2008 at 9:22 am (10 years ago)

I noticed that this weekend here in DC, too! I also noticed not a single person looked at them, too.

20. mscakes
    January 24, 2009 at 12:05 am (9 years ago)

It is a common practice to vacation somewhere warm in the winter..go target! make some money!