Some things go together-

Peanut butter and jelly

Popcorn and M&M’s

Pizza and Pepsi

Some things on the other hand do NOT go together.

Dieting and starting your period?

Seriously my friends, do NOT try this at home.

19 Comments on Not Quite Like Peanut Butter and Jelly.

1. MommaTaderDoodles
    January 9, 2008 at 3:14 pm (10 years ago)

You couldn’t have told me this sooner? HA HA HA

I never had understood why I feel the urge to start an exercise program two days before AF comes to visit…

2. O Mama Mia
    January 9, 2008 at 5:21 pm (10 years ago)

Cherry twizzlers & sprite so you burp a Shirley Temple…
    But hun, don’t you KNOW that you are granted immunity from dieting on those nasty days? I always grant myself at LEAST 3 days. Minimum.

3. Redneck Mommy
    January 9, 2008 at 6:33 pm (10 years ago)

If the circus is in town, there is a rule REQUIRING pepsi and pizza.

Really. It’s in the mother/woman handbook. Go look it up.

4. Mimipz5wjj
    January 9, 2008 at 6:47 pm (10 years ago)

Yep. I’m there with you sistah! Diet and period both this week! Yucko!

5. Coleen
    January 9, 2008 at 7:57 pm (10 years ago)

Um, don’t periods count as mini=holidays when you’re on your diet? You know, like when you’re dieting and Thanksgiving comes along? Have I been doing this wrong? (No wonder I can’t lose those last 30.) 😉

6. Christina
    January 9, 2008 at 8:00 pm (10 years ago)

Oh yeah, those never go well together. You should get a diet-break during your period. It needs to be written into the rules of dieting.

7. Devilish Southern Belle
    January 9, 2008 at 8:11 pm (10 years ago)

Let me know if you find anything to kick the munchies during AF’s visit….I’m dieting now, but she’ll be knocking on my door again soon.

8. Amy
    January 9, 2008 at 8:31 pm (10 years ago)

I tell you what, I did Weight Watchers on my own (just using their formulas to calculate the point value on foods, I already knew my point allowance daily for the flex points plan) and it really didn’t feel like dieting at all. I lost 40lbs over around 15weeks with some plateaus in between but it was amazing. The best bit for me was that I didn’t have to give up chocolate so I got to have my pre-period chocolate fixes too 😀

9. Mommy Daisy
    January 9, 2008 at 9:45 pm (10 years ago)

Oh boy, I don’t usually stay on diets during my period. I’m always a LOT hungrier when I start it. And I usually need chocolate to make it through those days. Good luck.

10. Jerseygirl89
    January 9, 2008 at 10:05 pm (10 years ago)

But look at it this way – you’re bloated right now. You probably don’t have to lose 20 lbs, PMS makes you fatter. You probably only have to really lose 15 lbs!

11. Summer
    January 10, 2008 at 8:08 am (10 years ago)

Dieting always stops for 3-4 days each month. Or you can just go on the all chocolate diet.

12. Assertagirl
    January 10, 2008 at 12:59 pm (10 years ago)

Does anything really go with starting your period?

13. Shauna
    January 10, 2008 at 1:02 pm (10 years ago)

I’m not sure about the popcorn and M&Ms, but I’m totally with you on the dieting and period. But the good news is you won’t have to worry about your period when you’re at your event!

14. Elizabeth
    January 10, 2008 at 11:11 pm (10 years ago)

The Target I shop at used to sell popcorn with M&Ms mixed IN-so addictively good!

15. justmylife
    January 11, 2008 at 10:31 am (10 years ago)

You should try, dieting, exercising, quitting smoking and period all at once. It can’t be done. Next time I decide to start any new goals, I will be checking the calender. And party mints and salty nuts are my downfall everytime.

16. HamIam
    January 16, 2008 at 1:56 pm (10 years ago)

no freaking kidding. Hate when this resolutionary time of year meets with the hormonal time of month. Fugly, ladies, fugly is what it is.

17. Jill
    January 17, 2008 at 2:59 pm (10 years ago)

Ahhh yes-at the supermarket they should put the boxes of tampons next to the candy section, it would make things much more convenient for me!