I managed to crap out on the second day of NaBloPoMo! Seriously, there has to be a prize for those who sign out and then end up dropping the ball within 3 days. I’d like to thank my router for being such a fuckup, my daughter’s soccer team for a great party that kept me busy Saturday, and Phillippa Gregory’s book The Constant Princess for taking away my attention as well.

Here’s to next year! 😉

17 Comments on Wow, is That a Record???

1. Guilty Secret
    November 4, 2007 at 2:58 pm (10 years ago)

Ah well, better to drop the ball early than keep at it all month only to miss one day right at the end!

2. ~JJ!
    November 4, 2007 at 3:45 pm (10 years ago)

Love Love Phillippa Gregory,….I’m reading that exact same book now….

Where are you up to? I’d tell you where I am, but I don’t want to ruin it for you.

3. karen meg
    November 4, 2007 at 4:42 pm (10 years ago)

Aww, too bad. We all have good intentions. But great to see you’ve got a life outside of this. It’s my first NaBloPoMo and my husband is hating me 😆

4. Colleen
    November 4, 2007 at 5:54 pm (10 years ago)

Better to crap out with good reasons than to crap out from forgetting. I’m afraid I’m just going to have a day where I forget.

5. Jerseygirl89
    November 4, 2007 at 10:56 pm (10 years ago)

I agree with Guilty Secret. Because I just know I’ll be the person who doesn’t do it on the 29th or something.

I just finished the Boleyn Inheritance. So addictive.

6. Phat Phannie (Natalie)
    November 5, 2007 at 12:00 am (10 years ago)

Bwahaha, you are the reason I joined Nablopomo. Do I get to quit now, too? Just kidding. 🙂

7. Don't Eat My Buchela!
    November 5, 2007 at 12:21 am (10 years ago)

i thought about joining but i am glad i didn’t. November is turning out to be a lotta work!

8. Lela
    November 5, 2007 at 12:47 pm (10 years ago)

We won’t hold it against you if you come back RIGHT NOW! Lol!

9. J
    November 5, 2007 at 4:27 pm (10 years ago)

Sad to see you drop out so quickly, but again, maybe better than at the end. 🙂

10. Velveteen Mind Megan
    November 5, 2007 at 5:19 pm (10 years ago)

Great. Then you can join us slackers over at GoBloMeMoFo!

All you have to do is post once. And you get all kinds of cool bling and coverage on my NaBloPoMo profile. And a spot on my GoBloMeMoFo page.

Just for one tiny post. Or even a sentence. Or a picture.

Crazy, right?

11. Elizabeth
    November 5, 2007 at 10:14 pm (10 years ago)

I missed November 3rd. Three days in and I missed a day! But I had a really good excuse-I was in Memphis Tennessee, and I did not have one free minute that whole day to sit down and post anything at all.

Guess I should go get that badge from Megan now, huh?

12. Kellyology
    November 6, 2007 at 8:34 am (10 years ago)

It’s taking everything I have not to miss. Today’s post…weak at best. But looking at the Randomizer know this, you are not alone. Not even at all!lol

13. amy
    November 6, 2007 at 11:39 am (10 years ago)

I didn’t even sign up. It just wasn’t going to happen.

14. cate
    November 6, 2007 at 10:20 pm (10 years ago)

i almost crapped out on the second day too….my mom came for the weekend, and we were having so much fun that i completely forgot….until a few minutes before midnight! shit happens. it’s not like you are missing out on a prize or something! 😉

15. Alli ~Mrs. Fussypants
    November 6, 2007 at 10:37 pm (10 years ago)

Revel in the rebellion. Will you put up both the NaBloPoMo button & Queen Heather’s Bling at the same time now?

16. Major Bedhead
    November 7, 2007 at 2:41 pm (10 years ago)

Did you know that you can fudge the date on your posts? You can. I do sometimes.

I like Phillipa Gregory, too. I haven’t read that one yet, but I’ll now add it to the list.