We are going to my in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner soon. I have debated all day on what to wear. What would Tim Gunn say? I know what he would say- the sweatsuit alternative, that comfortable yet stylish outfit every woman should have in her closet to be worn on a day you might normally throw on sweats.

Ahh Tim, my love, I’m afraid you’ll be so ashamed of me today. My in-laws like to cook, and they do it well. And there will be food. Tons and tons of food. Waistbands will strain to the point of the snaps begging for mercy. Bellies will swell, and at the end of it all, we’ll collapse onto the couch like a bunch of bloated turkeys ourselves.

Forgive me Tim, just for today, only sweats will do.  😉

13 Comments on Tim Gunn Would Be So Disappointed in Me.

1. Alli ~Mrs. Fussypants
    November 22, 2007 at 4:37 pm (10 years ago)

I so often have a little Tim Gunn on my shoulder. He furrows his brow, crosses his arms, and then rubs his chin and says, “Oh, Fussy, That concerns me. You can not make it work!”

Tim had to throw in the towel today, too. I wore my black maternity clothes. Waistbands, we don’t need no stinkin’ waistbands!

Happy Thanksgiving!

2. SummerM
    November 22, 2007 at 9:42 pm (10 years ago)

Happy Thanksgiving, sweat pants and all. 🙂

3. ~JJ!
    November 23, 2007 at 7:20 am (10 years ago)

Hope your sweats served you well sister.

4. delia mcnamara
    November 23, 2007 at 6:45 pm (10 years ago)

Commenting on my writing? Honey, you are long-winded and boring. I would read your blog only on my deathbed.

I still think you should still take pictures of you taking a crap. Much more entertaining than the garbage you are spewing. Don’t forget the money shot!

Love & Kisses
    Delia Dahling

5. slackermommy
    November 23, 2007 at 9:47 pm (10 years ago)

I wished I was in sweats last night as I nearly snapped my waistband after eating WAY too much.

6. Alli ~Mrs. Fussypants
    November 23, 2007 at 10:28 pm (10 years ago)

Dang, I need to be longwinded and boring like Sara! She’s burnin’ up the feedreaders.
    Is that the secret? 😉

Love Ya’, Babe!

7. jenny-up the hill
    November 24, 2007 at 9:04 am (10 years ago)

I always start out wearing something nice, but after about an hour I’ve gone and changed into sweats. I think next year I’ll just forget about the “nice outfit” and I might just even don my pjs! loL!

8. melissa
    November 24, 2007 at 11:48 am (10 years ago)

i won’t wear sweats but i do wear pants…during feasting, that are a little bit too big…room for growth! then, i come home, peel off my pants (that aren’t so big on me,anymore) and change into pajama bottoms (with elastic waist!). so, i’m still fashionably correct and comfy…all at the same time.

9. Sara
    November 24, 2007 at 3:09 pm (10 years ago)

I admit I felt bad, because I do like to dress nicely, but OMG guys..the turkey, the stuffing, the potatoes, the desserts…There was no way my pants would have held up!

10. Elizabeth
    November 24, 2007 at 7:23 pm (10 years ago)

Please tell me Delia was joking.

11. Sarcastic Mom
    November 24, 2007 at 8:28 pm (10 years ago)

Uh… I didn’t even know who Tim Gunn was. I am the epitome of frumpy.

Fussy’s gonna gasp when she meets me at our playdate.

12. manda
    November 25, 2007 at 5:15 pm (10 years ago)

I,too, wore sweatpants on thanksgiving. But I couldn’t help it, they’re just so comfortable..and the waistband grew with me as I indulged.

13. Christine
    December 27, 2007 at 4:48 pm (10 years ago)

Has Delia made it her mission to stalk you???