I have no idea where he picked up this lovely phrase, but every so often my 2 year old will run up to me out of the blue and say “Mommy, I see in your nose, and you got burgers!!” Burgers somehow sounds more pleasant than boogers, so I haven’t bothered to correct him. Not to mention I’m incredibly immature well-humored and it makes me giggle like mad when he says it. Giggling causes him to repeat it a few times, sending me into further fits of laughter, and he starts laughing too. Good times I tell ya.

Last night one of the older two decided they needed to correct him on it, and before you know it, Damian is running around telling us all we have boogers. I wasn’t nearly as amused by this, but he was incredibly excited about his new-found phrase. So excited he turns to our back door, opens it, stands in the doorway, and yells as loud as his little lungs will allow “I see in your nose, and you got BOOGERS!!!!”. Before I could stop him, he did it again, no less quietly. If the whole neighborhood didn’t know about Damian and his boogers, they do now.

We be klassy like that.

12 Comments on I See in Your Nose, and You Got Burgers!

1. Beckie
    November 27, 2007 at 7:41 am (9 years ago)

I think the mispronunciations are way funnier too… Guess I’m just mature like that.

2. Natalie
    November 27, 2007 at 9:18 am (9 years ago)

Yeah, I love the mispronounciations, too. My current favorite is when Alexander asks me for the destructions when he really wants the instructions.

3. Queen of Shake Shake
    November 27, 2007 at 9:53 am (9 years ago)

And here I thought I was hearing voices on the wind again. Now I know it was just Damian.

4. Alli ~Mrs. Fussypants
    November 27, 2007 at 12:02 pm (9 years ago)

All my boys have/do mispronounce Burger/Boogers. So much, in fact, that hamburger night is now ham-booger night.

Klassy, that’s how we roll, too.

Also, I opened up your page to read, then had to go outside with kids, then finished. So, when you see someone on for AN HOUR, yep, that’s me! 😉 D’oh!

5. andi
    November 27, 2007 at 12:07 pm (9 years ago)

So, you don’t have burgers in your nose any more? Too bad. That might come in handy for lunch on the run. Oh, sorry. That was totally uncalled for. I be klassy like that, too.

6. cate
    November 27, 2007 at 11:58 pm (9 years ago)

there’s nothing like a toddler mispronouncing a word! Zander tells me his milk tastes “nice and frech”…frech meaning fresh. it is the cutest thing i ever did hear, and i can’t get myself to correct him!

7. Shannanb aka Mommy Bits
    November 28, 2007 at 4:36 am (9 years ago)

Lol. My oldest taught my youngest to say “stinky butt.” He now says it all the time.. at the store, in the car, etc. His favorite is to say “Daddy has a stinky butt.” I have to admit it makes me laugh pretty hard!

8. clairec23
    November 28, 2007 at 9:04 am (9 years ago)

Awwww, that’s so cute!! You would have to have a heart of stone not to be amused by that. My son’s favourite words are words he shouldn’t say but I still can’t help laughing at him. He remembers and starts showing off with it another day but it never gets old. If he farts, he blames it on his Daddy. “Ewwww, stinky Daddy!” I crack up every time, I’m still hoping he’ll embarrass his dad with it out in public sometime 🙂

9. heather
    August 27, 2009 at 11:04 pm (8 years ago)

haha lol so funna yeah like omg so are u happy for boogers