And what amazing friends they are!

As the story spreads of Bill Maher’s less-than-supportive remarks about womens’ right to feed their babies in public view, more and more bloggers are picking it up and spreading the word. I wanted to make a list here of those bloggers who have sought to further the discussion and bring this issue to the forefront. Bill Maher may feel this is a silly, narcissistic cause, but those of us who have been there know better. Breastfeeding is not just a parenting choice, but a serious health issue. Given the state of things today I really don’t think we can afford to shun and embarrass those trying to do the healthiest thing possible for their babies.

Here is what others had to say on this topic…
Bill Maher Can Suck My Tits!

Bill Maher meets Suburban Oblivion. Masturbation vs. Breastfeeding. Let’s whip ’em out.

Bill Maher on Breastfeeding in Public and the Applebee’s Nurse In

Boycott Bill Maher!

For the Dogs

Annual Boob Against Boobs Rant

My Two Breasts, I mean, Cents

Blogs Abuzz When Bill Maher Slams Lactivism

Bill Maher is a blithering moron…and his little dog too!

Az the Husband Has a Message for Bill Maher

Bill Maher Talks Breasts and Other Nursing Notes from the Blogosphere

Wednesday Link: Resources for parenting, playing, and living well (9/18/07)

Another Reason to Be Glad I Live in Europe

I deserve a medal

Mysteries of the Universe Part 1

First Myspace Now Facebook

How I Became One of Those Women

Breastfeeding Mothers are “Lazy and Narcissistic?”

A Radical Act (Or Suck It, Bill Maher!)

Society! You need to grow up!

If you’ve blogged on this debate, feel free to email me at sarael@gmail.com and I’ll add yours!
—————————————————————————————————————————

In light of all this, the B.O.O.B.s have decided it’s time for another podcast! Join us on BlogTalk Radio Wednesday night at 8:00pm central as we discuss the issue of breastfeeding in public, and the firestorm Bill Maher has set off with his comments. Have an something to get off your chest? Call in during the show, or email us your thoughts and questions beforehand, and we’ll be glad to share!

12 Comments on Bill Maher Makes This Lactivist Want to Breastfeed on His Front Porch, AND Bring My Friends!

1. andi
    September 17, 2007 at 8:27 pm (10 years ago)

Thanks for listing these links. I was hoping the BOOB would do a show on the topic. I just may have to call in myself.

2. VDog
    September 17, 2007 at 8:55 pm (10 years ago)

Thanks for the link! I’ve got some really great links in my post about legality in all 50 states and the CDC’s support of breast feeding.

I also followed my post up by linking to MamaMojo’s photo post which hilariously points out the ridiculousness in the argument against NIP (nursing in public (don’t ya love that acronym?)).

3. candace
    September 18, 2007 at 7:17 pm (10 years ago)

he is a total mysogonist tool.
    It would be nice if he had a baby and maybe change his perspective but I doubt he’ll have many women wanting to even date him after this. I too, have enjoyed his show in the past but in the back of my head know he was a sexist loser. bummer, he has some good guests.

4. A Whole Lot of Nothing
    September 19, 2007 at 8:41 pm (10 years ago)

I’m sorry I missed calling in, but I’m listening to the playback now. Great show! Maybe next time I’ll call in if I can. 🙂

5. Nicole-Mommy2JL
    September 19, 2007 at 11:31 pm (10 years ago)

I think this is absolutely ridiculous. I prouldy breastfeed in public or anywhere else my son so chooses to be hungry.
    Restaurants, the mall, the grocery store, on a walk at the marina — I don’t care.
    He has as much right to eat as any other person regardless of where I happen to be.
    If somebody has a problem with it then get a blanket.
    They can use it to cover their ego and their head. When I’m finished, I’ll let them know.

It angers me when people talk about breastfeeding as if it’s a shameful act that should be hidden away.

If you don’t like it, don’t look.
    Get over it.
    The end.

URGH.

6. Kimberly
    September 21, 2007 at 10:31 pm (10 years ago)

Goodness. Struck a wee little nerve, did we? =)