I need you guys to help me stay strong today!

I had my day all mapped out. The boys both have school today, and the PTA is getting ready for our fall fundraiser, so I volunteered to go in and help with that for the 4 hours I’ll have free. The woman running fundraising is freaking awesome so I totally don’t mind, and I’ll feel good getting some time in with that. All good, right?

Only…..I got an email from NY and Co. and they are having their end of summer clearance, and there are some serious markdowns going on. And then I read that Clinique has some promotion going on and they are giving away a free lipstick to the first 500 people who ask for it at each location. Clinique lipstick folks, the fourteen dollars a pop kind. Who can pass that up? Between that and the sale it’s like someone up there just wants me at the mall today. Except I have plans. And I really can’t afford to be shopping. And I am working on losing a bit of weight(down 4lbs this week!!!! Go me!) so it doesn’t make sense to buy clothes right now. And to emphasize again, I really can’t afford to do any shopping right now.

Remind me I need to be at the school today doing good deeds instead of out selfishly shopping for awesome clothes I can’t afford or fit, and getting *sob* free Clinique lipstick.

17 Comments on Lead Me Not Into Temptation, I Can Find it All By Myself.

1. tulipmom
    August 30, 2007 at 7:14 am (10 years ago)

What if you only help for 3 hours because you had a sudden emergency come up at home? Then make a mad dash to the mall and at least try and see if they have any lipsticks.

Or take the boys, tell them you need to pick up a lipstick and bribe them with a stop to Dunklin Donuts if they behave.

Yes, I was supposed to be encouraging you to forego the mall, I know ….

But all that PTA work deserves some kind of reward, right?!

2. Deb - Mom of 3 Girls
    August 30, 2007 at 7:30 am (10 years ago)

I’m with tulipmom – all of those good deeds deserve something… 🙂

3. Christina
    August 30, 2007 at 7:37 am (10 years ago)

I gotta say, go for the free lipstick, then help out. Compromise, right?

August 30, 2007 at 8:11 am (10 years ago)

Hmmm, that’s quite a dilemma.

5. chris
    August 30, 2007 at 8:40 am (10 years ago)

😯 That is a choice I would not want to have to make.

But it is better to wait until you’ve lost the weight and can really enjoy the clothes. 😀

6. Mrs. Schmitty
    August 30, 2007 at 9:40 am (10 years ago)

I think the emergency one is good. Have someone call you on your cell phone and act all panicky and stuff. Then say you gotta go!

7. Jen
    August 30, 2007 at 10:08 am (10 years ago)

Wish I could help you out but I seriously would be at the mall faster than you can say “bad mom”. But you know, that’s just how I roll.

8. Christine
    August 30, 2007 at 10:22 am (10 years ago)

Zip to the mall, get the lipstick, apologize for being late.

You lost 4 lbs! Good for you!

(I think I found them).

9. Shauna
    August 30, 2007 at 12:44 pm (10 years ago)

Sorry, you lost me at free Clinique lipstick.
    Okay. I’m back.
    4 hours for the fundraiser? Seriously? You just solidified it for me – I’m never joining the PTA.
    I say definitely wait on the clothes. No sense in buying clothes while you’re losing weight. (YAY you!)

10. Cris
    August 30, 2007 at 1:01 pm (10 years ago)

Screw the PTA… go get your free lipstick and then buy the clothes in a smaller size to give you MORE incentive to keep going with the diet! I am so damn smart.

11. rima
    August 30, 2007 at 1:56 pm (10 years ago)

Four pounds? How did you DO that?

Your decision has probably been made by now, but, Go to the mall! There will be fundraisers galore, but how often does NY and Co. have sales and Clinique give away free lipsticks? Only about 20-30 times a year is my guess.

12. GHD
    August 30, 2007 at 2:16 pm (10 years ago)

Com’on every mom knows how to power shop. Zip in, Zip out, Go to school. Do it all!

Oooh! Clinique lipstick….

August 30, 2007 at 2:40 pm (10 years ago)

Screw good deeds. be selfish

14. Christy
    August 30, 2007 at 8:08 pm (10 years ago)

Should have called me I would have led you straight into temptation! I am always looking for a excuse to be bad.

15. Rhonda
    August 30, 2007 at 9:46 pm (10 years ago)

Oh man, decisions decisions.

I ALMOST bought a PTA membership. lol ALMOST

16. Dana
    August 31, 2007 at 12:21 pm (10 years ago)

I just joined the PTA, and let me just say I can see why they haven’t been able to find any help over the past several years. At this point I would take shopping over the PTA any day (isn’t that bad!) Here’s hoping it gets better! 🙂

17. fracas
    September 16, 2007 at 4:03 am (10 years ago)

Lipstick is a PTA necessity. You need to look good while you’re volunteering so that people will take you seriously.

(Good excuse, no?)

Kudos on the 4 lbs.

PTA isn’t all that bad.. it’s all about the people and the ideas. Ours totally sucked until I joined (of course). LOL.