I have no idea how it happened. Somewhere along the way I became everything I never wanted.

I drive a minivan.

I wear capris instead of shorts.

I don’t wear shirts that show too much skin.

I’m shuttling my kids to school, to preschool, to cheerleading.

Today my fate was sealed, I officially became a soccer mom.

15 Comments on Evolution of a Soccer Mom

1. Mommy Daisy
    August 14, 2007 at 9:21 pm (10 years ago)

Aww, there’s nothing so wrong with all of that. The girl looks happy in her uniform too.

2. mcewen
    August 14, 2007 at 9:25 pm (10 years ago)

Ooo get away with you! You love it really!
    Cheers

August 15, 2007 at 6:13 am (10 years ago)

There are worse things to be!

4. Deb - Mom of 3 Girls
    August 15, 2007 at 7:56 am (10 years ago)

😆 Going on 3 years as a ‘soccer’ mom here and this year both of my older girls are playing (sigh). How did they ever get so big?

She looks great and so proud in her uniform! 😀

5. christina
    August 15, 2007 at 8:34 am (10 years ago)

She looks happy…

Get a tank top, a great pair of jeans, and peel the kid stickers off of your car window 😉 it will make you feel better..

6. Megan/ Velveteen Mind
    August 15, 2007 at 9:02 am (10 years ago)

I’m going on record now and admitting that I am looking forward to becoming a soccer mom. I just need to get rid of the pimp-mobile I’m driving now and get a minivan. Well, maybe a wagon.

Be sure to save these comments so you can remind me that this is what I wanted when I start complaining five years from now.

7. Ivy
    August 15, 2007 at 9:55 am (10 years ago)

Haha, I was an official soccer mom a couple of years ago, but my daughter hated soccer. I’m with Christina, get you a sexy shirt and a pair of jeans you feel great in, you won’t feel so soccery. 😀

8. Val
    August 15, 2007 at 12:12 pm (10 years ago)

Hey if you need to get away from the soccer mom life for a night let me know and we will go hit the town! You can be a college student with me for a bit!

And I kinda look forward to the soccer mom days!

9. Shauna
    August 15, 2007 at 1:00 pm (10 years ago)

I know the feeling. I always thought I wouldn’t be one of ‘those moms’ but I just signed up to be the room mom this year at Nicholas’ school! Uh oh.

10. moodswingingmommy
    August 15, 2007 at 7:34 pm (10 years ago)

Just put me in a pair of capri pants and fast forward a year or so, and I’ll be with you. The horror! How the hell did we get here?

11. meleah rebeccah
    August 16, 2007 at 12:54 pm (10 years ago)

You are so lucky to be a participant in your kids lives and events. I miss way too many moments in my son’s life. Drive that mini van with pride!

August 16, 2007 at 1:35 pm (10 years ago)

I think it’s time to revamp the Soccer Mom image. I mean it’s so old and cliche. Bleck!

I nominate you for the job of revamping it.

13. JamieE
    August 16, 2007 at 11:04 pm (10 years ago)

Join the club, I had high hopes of driving anything but the minivan and now here I am gymnastics, swimming and soccer mom. Growing up so sucks sometimes!

14. N
    August 17, 2007 at 12:56 pm (10 years ago)

My wife officially becomes a soccer mom next week. Gymnastics, ballet and now soccer. We took the minivan plunge a long time ago.

Funny how those things you said you’d never be tend to creep up on you like a bad pair of underwear.

15. Wendy
    August 26, 2007 at 9:09 pm (10 years ago)

None of my kids are sporty in the slightest but I am a ballet/drama/singing momma instead lol.
    BTW I will be back more regularly now, I only drop by the Village to pick up pm’s and check on who has given birth.