Never in a million years would I have guessed I’d be yelling at one of my kids…

“Get the pig out of your pants, NOW!!!!”

😯

14 Comments on Things You Yell at Your Kids

1. Cakehead
    July 25, 2007 at 10:51 am (10 years ago)

Umm, yeah. One time my mom heard me saying to my son”Come here, let me smell your butt!” and she was on the floor laughing.

Of course, I was worried that the toot had been something of substance so I needed to check it out. That is definately something I would never say to anybody but my own child. I mean I’m not a dog, I don’t sniff butts in greeting, just in case you’re wondering.

2. sam
    July 25, 2007 at 11:04 am (10 years ago)

Hahaha! Get the pig out of your pants! Funny!

Yeah, there’s a number of things I never thought I would say, and even more that I never thought I’d ever say in public. LOL

3. Worker Mommy
    July 25, 2007 at 11:10 am (10 years ago)

Ha ! I wish I could think of some of the many things I’ve said to the twins that I never thought I would say.

Get that pig out of your pants … I think that might trump anything I could think of

4. MamaLee
    July 25, 2007 at 11:13 am (10 years ago)

OMG this is funny. And so true. I need to start writing some of these phrases down, because I certainly giggle when I hear myself saying things like “Get off the dog and bring me your peepee undies!” and I’d love to remember these in the future.

And I say the “come here and let me smell your butt” more than I care to admit.

5. Blue Momma
    July 25, 2007 at 11:17 am (10 years ago)

My son has a foot long centipede (photo at inthebowl.blogspot.com/2007/07/we-did-it_4948.html) which he has taken to sticking in his pants and saying “Mommy! I’ve got a worm in my butt!!”

He never really acknowledged anything in the diaper region, but since potty training its like he’s discovered a whole new playground!

6. julia
    July 25, 2007 at 11:17 am (10 years ago)

I’ve said the butt smelling thing, too.

My oldest daughter has type 1 diabetes and when her blood sugars run high, she can be quite the pain in the arse. It’s hard to distinguish between a high blood sugar pain in the arse and a normal nearly 13-year-old pain in the arse, though. More than once, out in public, when she’s been acting up, I’ve yelled “I can’t believe how you’re behaving. You’d better be high.” Let me tell you, THAT one will get you some weird looks in the supermarket. 😀

7. JamieE
    July 25, 2007 at 12:52 pm (10 years ago)

“You’d better be high” lmao!

We too often have to say “Stop shoving your face in my butt!” to one of the kids during rough housing time. Not usually in public, I bet my neighbors wonder sometime what we are doing in here. 😆

8. Jennie
    July 25, 2007 at 12:57 pm (10 years ago)

Wow! I HAVE to know the story on that one!

9. christina
    July 25, 2007 at 1:26 pm (10 years ago)

Ah, That will be me in no time. No my daughter has started discovering her nether regions.. we just use the old:

“Don’t touch yourself there… you will go blind!”

10. ~JJ!
    July 25, 2007 at 2:20 pm (10 years ago)

Wheee…Oink.

I sat with my daughter talking about how much we like “weenie”….

11. Beckie
    July 25, 2007 at 9:49 pm (10 years ago)

Makes ya wonder what would inspire them to put a pig in their pants in the first place?

12. N
    July 26, 2007 at 9:04 am (10 years ago)

Wha..? How the hell did he get a pig INTO his pants? Um, was he wearing his pants at the time?

13. kristi
    August 2, 2007 at 3:12 pm (10 years ago)

Ha! I am sure as Moms we all say crazy things.

14. KJ
    January 1, 2008 at 7:16 pm (10 years ago)

I told my sister for years to write down these things with her girls because one day she would look back and laugh. A couple I’ll never forget: “Stop rubbing that bologna on your elbow!” and “Stop licking the concrete!”

And that my friends, is why I couldn’t wait to have my own 🙂