So why the heck not? Got tagged by Paul over at O’Flaherty Blog for the 8 Things meme. He wants to know 8 things about me and the Tech Junkie, so here we go..

1. I asked him out first. I am a brazen hussy that way.

2. This is my 2nd marriage, his first. When we started dating I was 19, he was 30. I often joke I AM his midlife crisis! 😉

3. We got married on the day of our 3 year dating anniversary, and our middle child was also born on that date a few years later. Needless to say neither of us will ever forget our anniversary!

4. We LOVE Disney. Our one yearly vacation is to Disney World, and we enjoy it as much, if not more than the kids do.

5. He is known at work for wearing only Disney ties, mostly Mickey Mouse.

6. I hit the in-law jackpot when we got married. His parents are awesome, and I love having them close by.

7. He is a big time tech junkie, and collects video game systems. PS3? Got it. Wii? Got it. XBox 360? Got it. PSP, DS, DS Lite? Mmm-hmmmm. Can you guess whose house the kids friends will be wanting to play at?

8. We love to watch certain shows together. Hell’s Kitchen, Top Chef, Lost, and Heroes are a few of our favorites. Beyond that, he’s history channel, I’m tv-off-and-play-on-the-laptop.

So there ya go, 8 things about us!

I am tagging the following to tell me 8 things about themselves-

Nat at The Mommy Chronicles
Sarah at In the Trenches of Mommyhood
Sam at Temporarily Me
Jen at Problem Girl
Cris at June Cleaver After a 6-Pack
DSB at Devilish Southern Belle
Jaymonster at Triple Venti
T at Redneck Mommy

For those of you that have been tagged here is a reminder of the rules:

One: Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

Two: People who are tagged need to write their own blog entry about their eight things and post these rules.

Three: at the end of your entry, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names/pseudonyms/blogs.

8 Comments on It’s Been Awhile for Me(me)

1. sam
    July 6, 2007 at 5:22 am (10 years ago)

Thanks (I think). LOL

I’ll get on that this weekend!! 😀

2. Mama Zen
    July 6, 2007 at 5:52 am (10 years ago)

I’m married to a tech-junkie, too. Hadn’t thought of the “neighborhood kid magnet” angle . . .

3. JayMonster
    July 6, 2007 at 6:53 am (10 years ago)

I am a tech junkie but not a “toy” junkie (my wife will argue that there is no difference). I will buy all sorts of computers, and servers, and gadgets. But I have a PS2 and thus far I am satisfied sticking with that.

I never knew how much I loved Disney World ’til I went this year. Now I can’t wait to go back. I am also known for my character clothing. (Though I rarely wear a tie).

I will hop on this meme over the weekend.

4. Redneck Mommy
    July 6, 2007 at 8:47 am (10 years ago)

Damn girl. Like you guys don’t know everything about me anyways…how the hell am I going to pull 8 more unknown facts about me out of my ass?

I’ll get on it. I just gotta put my thinking cap on.

Thanks for thinking of me. I think…wink, wink.

5. Cakehead
    July 6, 2007 at 9:24 pm (10 years ago)

I’ll do this in the next couple of days 🙂 I might have a little problem tagging 8 people though but I love to break the rules anyway! 😛

6. Jennie
    July 7, 2007 at 7:56 am (10 years ago)

Great Meme! IV and I were married 2 days before our 2 year dating anniversary- and DV was wsorn on our 3 year dating anniversary.

7. JamieE
    July 9, 2007 at 12:23 pm (10 years ago)

So do you do the Disney Cruise or just World? I really want to do the Cruise someday, I heard it rocks.