Is totally for the birds.

If my two year poops on my floor one more time I will scream. Our dogs were not this hard to housebreak.

14 Comments on This Potty Training Thing

1. Tina
    June 1, 2007 at 10:10 am (10 years ago)

Mine is 3 1/2 and I have visions of her walking down the ailse on her wedding day in princess pull-ups.

Just to say the least.

2. Toni
    June 1, 2007 at 10:29 am (10 years ago)

It WILL get better! I promise!

3. Cate
    June 1, 2007 at 11:53 am (10 years ago)

Oh man….stop scaring me! Zander is getting to that stage, and I’m starting to have nightmares of pee-and-poop stained carpets! Seriously…can’t we hire a potty-trainer or something….is there such a thing as a Potty Whisperer????

4. Tulipmom
    June 1, 2007 at 12:01 pm (10 years ago)

Cate,
    Apparently there are people who will come to your house and potty train your kid for you. They actually move in for a day or weekend or whatever.

Can you believe this?! Yea, your kid will be potty-trained by the time they go to college, except after paying the Potty Trainers you won’t be able to afford to send them!

5. Karly
    June 1, 2007 at 1:00 pm (10 years ago)

It gets better. It really, really does. Except…sometimes…my 7 year old leaves poop smears all over the toilet. And I don’t mean the inside of the toilet. I dunno how the hell he does it, but he does.

6. Smiling Mom
    June 1, 2007 at 1:41 pm (10 years ago)

Oh, that sucks. The worst for me was when my son went outside and sh*t liquid all down his legs. It dripped throughout the house until I got him to the bath. Then I had to clean him, me, the floor, the rug in the bathroom, and the tub. Because I was not going to step foot in that shower until it shined! Wishing you luck! and lots of patience. :=)

7. Sensible One
    June 1, 2007 at 6:55 pm (10 years ago)

Oh, I feel your pain. My oldest potty trained himself in like two days, so when my youngest took til he was SIX to completely get out of pullups, I thought I was going to lose my mind. Now I just curse their hit-or-miss aim when cleaning the toilets…!

Hang in there – you won’t be sending diapers to college!

8. Wendy
    June 1, 2007 at 9:05 pm (10 years ago)

Oh yes…I am right there with you – about to buy stock in whatever company produces Resolve, the miracle cleaner – my carpets will never be the same again – no words of wisdom – just commiseration

9. JamieE
    June 1, 2007 at 11:32 pm (10 years ago)

I like Cate’s idea of a potty whisperer. I never thought my oldest would train, only took three years! So, now at 5 1/2 he’s been trained since October, at least that’s the last time he peed on the carpet in his room. The next one is almost 4 and she’s been in underwear since August, she can hold it for awhile but will not initiate the bathroom trip. The two year old asks to go all the time. We put him on the potty, he grunts, nothing happens, he uses toilet paper and we get his diaper back on…Soon enough I guess. So, only two in diapers still. There is hope! The oldest one is trained, the rest should be easier.

10. Amanda
    June 2, 2007 at 6:08 pm (10 years ago)

I hear you on that one! Pickles picked up peeing in the potty so fast, but she has developed some weird fear of her poop. The other day she said to me, “I don’t poop.” Eventually she does of course and it’s always in her pants. I’ve thrown out many little pairs of underwear because I just don’t want to deal with it.

11. Fairly Odd Mother
    June 5, 2007 at 7:47 pm (10 years ago)

I can already tell my son will be in diapers well past 3. We tried to do the potty thing the other day and he sat for a long time, and then walked away and peed on the rug. Ugh!!

12. Annie
    June 14, 2007 at 8:58 am (10 years ago)

I feel your pain, and blogged about it in almost the same terms a little while ago. We’re no further on since then either.