When you get your very first comment troll.

Yeah right! | yeahright@yahoo.com | IP: 67.62.216.50

I never knew you were competing… that you were ever remotely in contention for the title. Puh-leese.

Is there a protocol for this? Should I curtsy? Give a speech? Does someone want to take me out to lunch and explain to me how I’m a grown blogger now?

17 Comments on You Know You Have Arrived

May 11, 2007 at 2:26 pm (11 years ago)

If you want to curtsy, I can show you how all of my subjects curtsy to me, Queen Heather. hehehe!

Trolls are funny.

2. Deborah
    May 11, 2007 at 2:49 pm (11 years ago)

Don’t let it bother you. Wait until they start stalking your site, it gets really sad.

3. Swistle
    May 11, 2007 at 3:47 pm (11 years ago)

I never understand why people leave comments like that. It’s as if their mission in life is to spread ugliness.

I haven’t had a really bad one yet, although I’ve had a couple of comments (always anonymous) where the person who leaves the comment is criticizing me. I never know what to do about it. I think a really mean one like the one you got, I might delete, because it’s not a serious comment from someone who wants to comment, but just something mean for the sake of meanness.

4. Danni
    May 11, 2007 at 4:02 pm (11 years ago)

Hmmm, looks they are trolling in Richmond, VA. Know anyone in that area?

5. Annika
    May 11, 2007 at 4:40 pm (11 years ago)

I love getting trolls! They are so funny and make me feel so important.

6. Diane
    May 11, 2007 at 4:46 pm (11 years ago)

VA?? That is funny!
    whatever

7. Toni
    May 11, 2007 at 4:58 pm (11 years ago)

What am I not getting? Did some coward leave a rude comment??

8. Sara
    May 11, 2007 at 5:40 pm (11 years ago)

Yeah Toni, what I quoted was supposed to be a comment to my Perfect Parent post. I decided it was too funny not to get it it’s own post! 😉

9. Aldara
    May 11, 2007 at 5:48 pm (11 years ago)

LOL Congrats!!!!! I get anonymous comments about how I need to be saved lol!
    Happy Mother’s Day!

10. Shawna
    May 11, 2007 at 5:58 pm (11 years ago)

I didn’t even know there was such a thing! You truly have arrived LOL

11. CharmingDriver
    May 11, 2007 at 6:13 pm (11 years ago)

Trolls are obviously seeking both attention and advice to which I will oblige them with the following: Take two getting effed in the a and don’t call in the morning. KTHXBYE!11!

12. Cakehead
    May 11, 2007 at 6:34 pm (11 years ago)

Oh boy. They exist everywhere. Here I thought trolls were mythical or something.

13. Nell
    May 11, 2007 at 7:53 pm (11 years ago)

WTF? Is this person a professional troll? What kind of email is that anyway?

He/she might need a title, something bureaucratic, like, Assistant Vice Associate of Trolling Affairs – Asshole Division.

Or maybe that’s giving him/her far more attention than they deserve.

14. Tina
    May 11, 2007 at 8:41 pm (11 years ago)

I check everything first – then I release it. I like that control. You know. On mesage boards you have no control. But your blog is your blog and there is no need for that kind of crap. I would have deleted it. Who needs that.

Trolls make me SO ANGRY

15. Pinks & Blues Girls
    May 11, 2007 at 8:41 pm (11 years ago)

People are really sad. It’s so cliche, and it took me a while to realize that it’s true… but people who feel the need to criticize you (anonymously, no less) really ARE just jealous.

I love that you can laugh about it! 🙂

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

16. slackermommy
    May 11, 2007 at 10:36 pm (11 years ago)

I haven’t gotten one in awhile. I’m due. i thought for sure the breastfeeding photos would have them flocking to me.

17. Michele
    May 16, 2007 at 6:47 pm (11 years ago)

I say that you bow to them. Backwards. And maybe having gone commando that day. In a skirt. Oh, and request that they pucker up first. 😉