For all that it would have been so much easier to go out and buy muffins than get up at the butt crack of dawn baking them, there is something VERY satisfying about having people in the office follow you into the teachers lounge going “Oh my gosh, did you MAKE those??? They look SO good!!!” I’m not sure why making muffins is such an amazing accomplishment, unless they have talked to my husband and heard of some of my previous culinary failures?

Either way I think my lack of sleep paid off, and my mood has certainly been boosted. Maybe I need to bake more often? 😀

15 Comments on Success!

May 8, 2007 at 7:18 am (10 years ago)

I’m all about the muffin mixes where you just add eggs and milk. That’s as homemade as it gets around here anymore. I use to do the 100% from scratch blueberry muffins but then I like, had kids, and didn’t sleep. Yeah, I heart martha white!

Did you save me a muffin?
    hehe!

2. Sara
    May 8, 2007 at 7:29 am (10 years ago)

No, and I meant to! Crap! Sorry! I’m thinking of taking cookies in to the office staff on Friday, I promise I’ll save a couple if I do 😉

Btw, who said 100% from scratch? I’m alllllll about the bisquick! I did use real blueberries though!

3. Annie
    May 8, 2007 at 7:54 am (10 years ago)

Good for you! The smell of baking is enough to make your day better 🙂

4. Nell
    May 8, 2007 at 8:15 am (10 years ago)

I’m glad you’re feeling better, now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go make some muffins, yum.

5. Deborah
    May 8, 2007 at 8:23 am (10 years ago)

Having your cooking enjoyed and praised is one of life’s great uplifters. I thrive on it! Hence the blog! 😉

6. Val
    May 8, 2007 at 8:35 am (10 years ago)

Yummm muffins are my favorite breakfast food!! I want some!

7. Natalie
    May 8, 2007 at 10:19 am (10 years ago)

It all started with sugar cookies with cake-mate frosting on them (BLECH) for me. Before you know it, you’ll have a new addiction. You’ll want to show those PTA members what a domestic diva you are! I bet your muffins were yummy. I’ve never made homemade muffins. Now I want to try.

8. Toni
    May 8, 2007 at 10:55 am (10 years ago)

Sara the muffin lady! Please tell me you weren’t completely dressed and wearing your pearls while baking?? I don’t think I could handle the pressure!

9. AbsolutelyBananas
    May 8, 2007 at 11:23 am (10 years ago)

Hurray for muffins!

BTW… do you live on Dreary Lane??

10. Dana
    May 8, 2007 at 11:43 am (10 years ago)

Baking & Blogging. The perfect mood boosters!

11. Redneck Mommy
    May 8, 2007 at 12:35 pm (10 years ago)

You can bake for me anytime, baby.

Think of it as my contribution to your happiness. And I”ll always ohhh and ahhh over them appropriately.

Cross my heart.

May 8, 2007 at 12:41 pm (10 years ago)

YOU DIDN’T SAVE ANY!!!! I’m pregnant, damnit! And hungry!

Glad they were a success!

13. Shauna
    May 8, 2007 at 2:48 pm (10 years ago)

Glad they were a success. And I give you a lot of credit for even thinking of making your own muffins. I’m of the go-out-and-buy-it variety of woman.

14. Rhonda
    May 11, 2007 at 8:38 am (10 years ago)

Ahh, I missed this. I need some blueberry muffins. Since Nat won’t send me a cake yet could you send me a muffin???

Congrats on a successful Martha moment and I’m glad your pan didn’t explode. haha