Doesn’t it figure, I ended up sick as a dog with the bug everyone else had over the weekend. I started feeling kind of yucky around lunchtime yesterday, and by 4pm I had to call the ex home from work. I slept from 5pm to 8pm, got up to watch Heroes, and then straight back to bed for the rest of the night. I was still feeling pretty rotten this morning, but once the motrin kicked in I started feeling a lot better. Maybe after a shower I will start to resemble something human again?

On an only slightly related note, Brendan just came up and told me his throat hurt again, and it was because he had to go poop. He went in the bathroom and a couple minutes later yelled out that he pooped and his throat felt better. I’ll gladly pass out cookies to anyone who can figure out this little mystery of his mind! 😀

11 Comments on Spoke Too Soon.

1. Auburn Gal Always
    May 15, 2007 at 10:08 am (10 years ago)

My Stinkerbell would hold ger tummy and say “I got da azma in my tummy.” ::pout pout::

2. Rhonda
    May 15, 2007 at 10:15 am (10 years ago)

ugh, I hope you get to feeling better today.

haha, I always marvel at how the toddler mind works.

3. Cakehead
    May 15, 2007 at 10:51 am (10 years ago)

Girl, I feel your misery. I was very sick all day yesterday too. In fact, all of the adults were sick. Mr. Alexander was not, thank goodness. I hope you are feeling much better today! As to the sore throat, poop thing, hmm I have nooo idea! Maybe he gets indigestion when he has to go (you know, maybe it’s like a full feeling)? My son is very odd about pooping, so I’m not much help.

4. N
    May 15, 2007 at 12:19 pm (10 years ago)

Ummm…. maybe Brendan was really, REALLY backed up?

I’d offer up a more serious explanation about how a body generally feels better once it has been able to flush a bunch of toxins out, but I’d have to know what kind of cookies you’re offering first 😉

5. Toni
    May 15, 2007 at 12:29 pm (10 years ago)

Back in September I had to pick Luke up from school because he was running a fever. Got him to the car and you know how pathetic they look, I asked him what would make him feel better? He said a haircut. So I took him to get one. His fever went away! Put that on the list with sore throat/ pooping cure! Wish that kind of stuff helped me!

Hope you feel better soon!

6. AbsolutelyBananas
    May 15, 2007 at 12:37 pm (10 years ago)

I’ve had it too. It’s truly the worst. Hope you feel better soon!

7. Cate
    May 15, 2007 at 12:47 pm (10 years ago)

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well. As for Brendan’s problem…..wow…I’m not even sure what kind of doctor deals with that type of thing? Funniest thing I’ve read all day!

8. Jennie
    May 15, 2007 at 1:39 pm (10 years ago)

So sorry you have been sick! I think that sore throat/pooping thing is pretty convenient and I wish it would work for me- also Toni’s miracle haircut cure!

9. Tina
    May 15, 2007 at 5:37 pm (10 years ago)

Kids are funny.

Feel better soon

10. moodswingingmommy
    May 15, 2007 at 7:19 pm (10 years ago)

I hope you feel better soon! Who knew pooping would cure a sore throat. I’ll have to remember that one!

11. Tulipmom
    May 15, 2007 at 10:17 pm (10 years ago)

I hope you’re feeling better.
    LOL at Brendan’s poop cure!