It’s so bad I’m laughing about it, seriously.

No breakfast in bed..No sleeping in…Sure as heck no simple but tasteful jewelry.

As I type this my husband is in bed. With the flu. Where he has been since early yesterday. The kids? Yep, they are sick too. ALL of them. One with nasty diapers and fever, the other two with fevers and sore throats. They too have been like this since yesterday. Saturday was a blur of crankiness, motrin, gatorade, and wishing I could just take a nap. Today is not looking much better.

Despite all this I’m in good spirits. Times like this you can laugh or you can cry, and I choose to laugh. I’m the only one in the house not sick, and I know it’s because someone up there realizes this place would fall apart if I were. If that isn’t acknowledgment of a job done ok, I don’t know what is. 🙂

Happy [tag]Mother’s Day[/tag] to all my fellow good moms, ok moms, just scraping by moms, and everything in between.

27 Comments on Mother’s Day in Oblivion

1. Nell
    May 13, 2007 at 6:16 am (10 years ago)

Happy Mother’s Day, Sara, I’ll send good energy your way, maybe not enough to make this the best mother’s day of all time, but hopefully enough to help keep you in good spirits.

Good luck with your sick ones, maybe when they’re all recovered you can appoint a new Mother’s Day – like a rain date.

2. Annie
    May 13, 2007 at 6:19 am (10 years ago)

Happy Mother’s Day and a speedy recovery to all!

3. Annika
    May 13, 2007 at 7:07 am (10 years ago)

And to think I was going to whine about being woken up at 5:00! Happy Mother’s Day. I hope it stays funny.

4. Tina
    May 13, 2007 at 7:41 am (10 years ago)

Well at “least” youare sick – and kudos for laughing about it all.

Isn’t that the truth though – when mom is sick – the whole house falls apart!

Happy Mom’s day

5. Tina
    May 13, 2007 at 7:42 am (10 years ago)

Aren’t sick. Tsk I meant.

6. Beckie
    May 13, 2007 at 8:12 am (10 years ago)

Well, Happy Mother’s Day anyways… Charity’s sick too, and I’m about to scream, must have caffeine!

7. Salsa
    May 13, 2007 at 8:46 am (10 years ago)

I say you need a rain check. In the meantime, just keep laughing. LOL!

Happy Mother’s Day! I hope everyone is on the mend soon.

8. Cakehead
    May 13, 2007 at 10:15 am (10 years ago)

Oh you poor thing! I know you are laughing about it, and honestly I probably would be too. You can either laugh or cry and laughing feels so much better! I hope your family feels better soon.

9. Csara
    May 13, 2007 at 10:37 am (10 years ago)

Happy Mother’s Day! I hope your family feels better soon and that you continue to feel good!

10. Donna/Nesting Momma
    May 13, 2007 at 11:41 am (10 years ago)

Happy Mother’s Day. You are an amazing momma. Hang in there!Thanks for the attitude check. I will laugh more today. My morning has been a little crazy and I new I could come visit for a good laugh and….. an attitude ck…Thanks !!

11. Tulipmom
    May 13, 2007 at 11:51 am (10 years ago)

At least you have a good attitude. I bet they do it up extra special for you on the Rain Date.

12. Toni
    May 13, 2007 at 1:22 pm (10 years ago)

Sorry to hear you aren’t the one being pampered today! Hope you get a nap in though!

13. N...
    May 13, 2007 at 1:47 pm (10 years ago)

Sara,

I hope your Mother’s Day goes a little better than it has already… any chance on getting a raincheck from the hubby and kids? A “Queen for a Day” coupon or something?

Hang in there! All the best to you,

~N (The emergency backup Mom with facial hair)

14. Kerry
    May 13, 2007 at 1:58 pm (10 years ago)

You have the best attitude! I think I might be crying. I hate to say this because it might sound bad – but at least they are sick and not ignoring your day by choice.

15. Swistle
    May 13, 2007 at 2:28 pm (10 years ago)

If that isn’t a true celebration of Mother’s Day, I don’t know what is. Oh, wait. I mean, that totally sucks, and totally doesn’t count. They owe you an extra-big Mother’s Day when they’re feeling better.

16. Meredith
    May 13, 2007 at 5:14 pm (10 years ago)

At least you have a good attitude. I hope everyone is feeling better soon and you get a raincheck! Happy Mother’s Day!!

17. Cate
    May 13, 2007 at 11:59 pm (10 years ago)

Wow! I thought my Mother’s Day was tough!

Happy Mother’s Day to you!

18. Ladybug
    May 14, 2007 at 6:15 am (10 years ago)

Happy Mother’s Day…I hope you do not end up sick after taking care of everyone else. You have a wonderful attitude.

19. Angie
    May 14, 2007 at 6:47 am (10 years ago)

Thank God you aren’t sick. I’ve actually been really sick once maybe twice, I think it was God’s practical joke because it was like a reminder to the whole family–this is your glue. Now, the kids ate, but the kitchen was an experiment zone. They helped their dad and had a blast. I was just like, as long as you don’t disturb me have fun. Any other time I’ve had anything else happen (babies, major surgery, etc) I call my Mommy to come stay with us so I can rest assured that my family and my house stay in one piece. 🙂

Happy Mother’s Day! Stay cootie free and I hope your family gets better soon.

20. petite mommy
    May 14, 2007 at 7:36 am (10 years ago)

found you via MU.. Happy late Mother’s Day! I hope everyone feels better soon! I have 2 sick kids myself!

21. Rhonda
    May 14, 2007 at 9:23 am (10 years ago)

Oh no, I hope everyone is well today and Happy Belated Mother’s Day to you. I think next weekend should be your celebrated Mother’s Day and spend the day OUT of the house ALONE. lol Seems to be the only way I can get my husband to wait on the kids w/o them harrassing me all day.

22. Jennie
    May 14, 2007 at 1:59 pm (10 years ago)

Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you get to do something extra fun when everyone feels better- and maybe an extra piece of jewelry too! It’s SO hard when everyone’s sick but you! Hang in there!

23. MamaLee
    May 14, 2007 at 2:07 pm (10 years ago)

Hopefully things are better today in your house.

And happy belated Mom’s Day. You are a goddess. Do NOT forget that.

24. The Estrogen Files
    May 14, 2007 at 9:10 pm (10 years ago)

Eeewww, I’m so unhappy for you!! I hope you’ll get a great gift when they’re all better. And I do NOT mean the gift Hubbers wants to bestow upon me on all “special” occasions!