To my surprise I had an email this morning from the person who left the comment yesterday. She is someone I know from a private board, and she wanted to let me know it was her, and to apologize.

In my not-so-perfectness, I’ve said a lot of things in the heat of the moment that I either didn’t mean, or regretted it later, so I totally understood. She took something from one of my posts in a way it was not intended, and let her emotions get the best of her. Boy have I been there, many a time. In fact that was part of what my Perfect Parent post was about. I KNOW I’ve come across as a bit of a know-it-all bitch in the past. Why shouldn’t I? My first child was easy, obviously due to my perfect parenting, right? *snort*. It took me having my second and most difficult and challenged child to realize how little I really knew. These days I don’t even pretend to have the answers, because truth be told I’m just barely scraping along most days. My son has taught me a lot of things, amongst them to have more compassion for other moms, because chances are they are probably doing the same- getting along as best they know how.

So there we go, mystery solved, and my faith in humanity is restored just a little bit. We all make mistakes, and it takes a big person to come forward and admit it. She is someone I admired before, and someone I have even more admiration for now. Thank you.

7 Comments on A Quick Update on the Comment

1. Diane
    May 12, 2007 at 10:17 am (10 years ago)

It feels good to wear big girl panties 🙂 I’m proud of you.

There are no perfect parents, EVER. Just as there are no perfect children.

2. Annie
    May 12, 2007 at 10:24 am (10 years ago)

Nice to have it smoothed out. In the anonymity of the internet – it is all too easy for people to bash out irate responses on a keyboard, something they would perhaps be less likely to do face to face. There is also the ‘open to interpretation’ factor considering we’re dealing with snippets of the written word, without inflections and expression that speech would lend and consequently ‘heat’ appears where it doesn’t need to be.

I am generally a non confrontational person, but my Irish temper has got the better of me when provoked, and for me is one more reason to stay away from message boards, permanently.

That was my rather long winded way of saying ‘yeah, I know what you mean’!

3. Busy Mom
    May 12, 2007 at 10:45 am (10 years ago)

Hey, that’s pretty cool, but, still that’s why I stay away for boards 😉

4. problem girl
    May 12, 2007 at 11:26 am (10 years ago)

I’m glad to hear that there are still one or two non-assholes posting on message boards. I was starting to doubt it.

5. Cakehead
    May 12, 2007 at 2:41 pm (10 years ago)

I’m glad that the person came forward. I think it took a lot to do that. And you can still say “I have arrived”. 🙂

6. Jamie
    May 12, 2007 at 10:09 pm (10 years ago)

I’m lucky if someone I don’t know leaves a comment. Trolls? bring ’em on. Decent of her to apologize, kudos to her and to you.

7. Jennie
    May 13, 2007 at 7:22 pm (10 years ago)

I know exactly what you mean about not being “perfect”- but then again I never have been. I think I missed out… or actually I think I just gave up a long time ago when I just couldn’t climb that high!