Would I be risking my Mommy of the Year nomination if I sent them out in the cold and just videotaped the egg hunt from inside?

16 Comments on It’s Going to Be 35 Degrees Here in the Morning.

1. AbsolutelyBananas
    April 7, 2007 at 11:32 pm (10 years ago)

woah… that is brutal. would I be risking my commenter of the year nomination if I told you that we hit 74 here yesterday?!!

happy easter… and bundle up for that egg hunt (you know you’re going to get sucked into going outside…)

2. Natalie
    April 8, 2007 at 1:36 am (10 years ago)

Happy Easter. My gift to you is *vibing* our 90 degree heat over yonder. Bleh! No park on Easter this year!

April 8, 2007 at 6:18 am (10 years ago)

It’s sleeting right now. I don’t think there’s going to be any hunting anytime soon.

4. Nell
    April 8, 2007 at 7:57 am (10 years ago)

You wouldn’t want the camera to get cold, and besides, character building egg hunting with numb fingers really isn’t necessary for you like it is for them.

5. Beckie
    April 8, 2007 at 9:37 am (10 years ago)

We opted for inside, cuz I already have a cold, no outside (slash pnemonia) for me this year!

6. moodswingingmommy
    April 8, 2007 at 10:00 am (10 years ago)

Having grown up in Canada, I just assumed everyone hid their eggs indoors. What did you end up doing?

7. Belle
    April 8, 2007 at 10:56 am (10 years ago)

I don’t think so! Thankfully, my kids aren’t into hunting eggs anymore, but I wouldn’t be traipsing outside in any temps under 50 to hide them, then videotape while they find them. Good luck! We’re up to a whopping 44 degrees in the ‘ville right now.

8. Dana
    April 8, 2007 at 1:29 pm (10 years ago)

Definately not! Just the fact that you allowed the bunny in your yard to drop the eggs says a lot for you!

9. Cris
    April 8, 2007 at 2:27 pm (10 years ago)

Forget the eggs… just toss the candy in the middle of the living room and let the sugar high begin. I mean really-they can care less about finding eggs under a bush… they just want the stash!

10. Meredith
    April 8, 2007 at 4:50 pm (10 years ago)

I was thinking this too, if I didn’t live on the third floor, I probably would have. I opted to hide them in the house, I didn’t feel like going outside to even hide them.

11. kellypea
    April 8, 2007 at 6:22 pm (10 years ago)

Hell no. It was even cold and dizzly in Paradise today. What is up with that? I thought the groundhog didn’t see his shadow this year. Brrrrrr……

12. Val
    April 8, 2007 at 8:25 pm (10 years ago)

What are you doing putting eggs outside? Okay I’m a northerner too, we always did the morning egg hunt inside and the big family gathering egg hunt outside in the afternoon! This weather is crazy!!

13. Angie @ Many Little Blessings
    April 8, 2007 at 8:31 pm (10 years ago)

***Happy Easter!!!***

So…how did the egg hunt go? Did your fingers freeze? I have to admit, we have never searched for Easter eggs outside — I, um, I mean, the Easter Bunny always just hides them inside the house. LOL

14. Sara
    April 8, 2007 at 8:42 pm (10 years ago)

We..errr..the Bunny hid them outside. We got lucky though, the weather forecast was off, it was 45 instead of 35! 45 is not hugely different than 35, but I’ll take it 🙂

15. slackermommy
    April 9, 2007 at 2:06 pm (10 years ago)

OMG, you sound just like me!

16. shaz
    April 9, 2007 at 7:40 pm (10 years ago)

you know we had snow here over the weekend?? yah! and it was FREEEEEEEZING!!!! 35 degrees is warm! 😉