I remember being pregnant on the ‘due-in’ boards, and the running joke about having pregnancy brain. Forget to run an errand? Blame it on pregnancy. Lose your keys? Blame it on the pregnancy. Miss an appointment? You get the picture.

Then we have the babies, and pregnancy brain persists.  Sleeplessness, hormones, demanding infants. Life was good, because we had a whole weekender diaper bag-sized host of excuses. No one expects much of you then, and its easy to get a little lazy. I might forget hubby asked me to pick up the drycleaning and drop something off at his moms, but by gosh I won’t ever forget we have a playdate Wednesday. (Hey, they are one of the few sanity-savers in my life, no comments from the peanut gallery please.)

Now I’m starting to think I can’t really blame it on hormones anymore, seeing as how my ‘baby’ is almost 2. I am still blushing slightly over calling one of my favorite bloggers the wrong name in leaving a comment today.(Luckily she has a sense of humor! LOL) But this kind of stuff is happening more and more often, and I think its about time I got a new excuse. How do you explain leaving your hairbrush on the pantry, or your keys in the refridgerator? How do you explain walking into the room and having NO idea why you walked in there?

My brain?

Sorry teacher, my kids ate it.

6 Comments on Of All the Things I’ve Lost, I miss My Mind the Most.

1. Kari
    September 18, 2006 at 6:20 pm (11 years ago)

Hey Sara…aren’t you blond in real life?? LOL…just kidding…but that could be your excuse!

2. Cherie
    September 18, 2006 at 7:30 pm (11 years ago)

You know, I think even more devastating than pregnancy brain is Mommy brain. I blame everything on that… and I can use that excuse for the rest of my life! 😀

3. Valerie
    September 19, 2006 at 6:47 am (11 years ago)

Hey, my baby is 8 and I still have pregnancy brain. LOL I don’t think it ever goes away.

4. Beckie
    September 19, 2006 at 6:52 am (11 years ago)

I think it’s not that we’re forgetful, or that there’s anything wrong with our brain, but can be blamed totally on the fact that there is only so much space available and everybody expects us to remember everything… So there’s an overload. Disk full.

5. Cherie
    September 19, 2006 at 8:06 am (11 years ago)

LOL Sara! I think even more devastating than “pregnancy brain” is “Mommy brain.” I blame everything on that… and can use that excuse for the rest of my life! 😀

6. Cherie
    September 19, 2006 at 8:07 am (11 years ago)

See… Mommy brain. I posted the same thing twice. Ugh.